Friday, August 6, 2010

Streamofconsciousness...

Helloooo. :) I would apologize for not writing a blog last night, but given what I was doing instead, I don't really actually feel sorry. ;D Last night somewhere around 10:30, I received the first of many HIWELCOMEHOMEWEMISSEDYOUSOMUCH hugs from my dad, who's just returned from a year-long tour of duty in Iraq. And, well, anyone reading this who really knows me knows that 10:30, or even 11:30 when we returned home from the airport, is not so late for me that I wouldn't be able to get a blog up. However, I was spending time with my whole entire 9-person-plus-one-dog family crammed into our little kitchen. :)
As soon as everyone else ran off to bed, I ran TO my bed, but not to sleep. Rather, I curled up with my laptop and spent three hours putting together a video of my dad's return from Iraq, which, if you're friends with me on facebook, you may have already seen. Needless to say, I fell fast asleep while the video was exporting to my computer from iMovie, and thus, my friends, no blog yesterday.
I definitely considered writing a post today for last night and editing the time to make it look like it was from last night, but, well, we all expected me to fail BEDA anyway, so I figured I might as well meet your expectations. ;) That's not to say I'm not going to keep trying to blog for the rest of August, but I missed a day now, so it won't be perfect. Boo. :(
In other news, I should point out that I deserve a round of applause for cheating the US Mail system. I completely abused the privilege that is a postcard by writing on both sides of the divide and cramming the mail-to address up in the top corner where hopefully the angel sorting the mail would see it. I received confirmation that my postcard arrived safe and sound today, so I'm happy. :)
I spent all day today working on the nametags for the girls living on my half of the hall. I do believe I informed the lot of you that I finally made up my mind to stick with the care bears, so, I was cutting, pasting, tracing, freehand drawing, penknifing, taping, and gluing all day. Usually around this time of year, I literally ache to go school supply shopping. After today (and tomorrow, most likely), I'll probably want to run screaming in the other direction the next time I catch sight of that part of Wal*Mart (which I do, um, daily :P). Seriously. My hand is cramping from so much use of scissors. Gah.
Okay, the whining doesn't give you a fair indication, but I had a fabulous day. :) It started with waking up after getting somewhere around four hours of sleep because we all thought I was needed to drive one of our cars to the dealership, but, after thoroughly waking up, it was decided my services were unnecessary. I dithered for a bit and then kicked myself in the butt to go to Mass. Which, I'm so so so glad I did because today was the first Friday of the month, which means (OMG FATTY FRIDAY KATIE. Ahem. Excuse us.) that we had an Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. :) All of the Knights were out in full gear, swords and all. I love First Fridays so much. And not just for the chocolate silk pie.
Wow. I'm all over the place tonight, so I'm just gonna stop while I'm (not) ahead. :P

Today, I smelled: sautéed onions at 11:00pm when my mom and dad came home and started preparing the Polish food my grandpa made and packed for them. :)
Today, I tasted: said Polish food, which was okay without sour cream, but AWESOME with. ;P Of course.
Today, I touched: a glue stick for the first time in a looong time.
Today, I saw: the Jonas LA episode that airs Sunday night (I love On Demand!). I wish someone could psychoanalyze me and figure out just why I'm so enthralled by the Jonas Brothers. :P
Today, I heard: Sheryl Crow singing with Hannah Montana? Funky. But I do love me some Sheryl. :)

Bye for now, loves! <3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's 3:30 in the morning and here I am, commenting on your blog... I'm not surprised. Anyway YAY FOR DADS BEING HOME!! I adored your video!! So very much!! I cannot believe the stories from the airplane, just too adorable!! I can't wait to see the care bears, oh my gosh. They are going to look so great! I didn't expect you to fail BEDA! I expect you to post twice the next time you have time (i don't care if that's in january ;p) like I had to post twice when I missed the first day, so get on that! I will never forgive you on behalf of the US mail system. We're homeboys (if I were a boy... beyonce?? it's 3:30 and I too got 4 hours of sleep last night...) JK hahaha I'm super impressed. OH MY GRAPEFRUIT!! I think first fatty fridays has been programmed into my biological clock! I always manage to eat unhealthily on that day without even realizing it. LIke i had soda today and ice cream before I realized what day it was. Crazy! OK yeah sleep time! BYE