Saturday, August 7, 2010

Matador

First of all, I am way way way too tired to be writing this, so bear with me. :P I just got back from a Counting Crows and Augustana concert, which was pretty fabulous except for one little thing...

NOTAR. Yes, Notar. I will never, ever really understand rap. I mean, I'm super impressed with some rappers' ability to "spit a rhyme" in the blink of an eye. I still have to use a rhymezone.com when I'm working on a spoof poem or anything that involves a rhyme scheme of some sort. This rapper hails from the Big Apple, and is, as most rappers are, quite full of himself. He paraded around stage, shaking to the music at such to such a rapid rhythm it literally looked like he was being gunned down by a machine gun. Suuuuper awkward to watch if I may say so myself. Plus, he had this song about a matador (if you don't believe me, go to his myspace), and as he rapped it, he actually pulled this towel out of his pocket and started shaking it at his bandmate/singer/whateveryoucallthelessimportantguyinarapgroup. He faked being a bull. I mean. Seriously. This guy was out of control. Not to mention that during the encore when Augsutana and Counting Crows were jamming and having a blast, he was tipping back a beer front and center on stage. Don't get me wrong, guys, I'm SURE he's a lovely person. I just find it interesting that you can make a living doing what he does. :P

My family helped me finish cutting out my care bears today! I have the best family ever. Haha. :)

I'm seriously way way way too tired to think right now, so I'm done for the night! :P Sorry for this lame post. Cheer yourself up with some Matador. ;P

Today, I smelled: the sickly sweet sappy air of a lingering cigar. The smell always simultaneously repulses me and makes me nostalgic.
Today, I tasted: an Otis Spunkmeyer Blueberry Muffin. There's just something weird and wrong to me about individually wrapped muffins. Thoughts? :P
Today, I saw: a five-lined skink. Benny informed me that it's half amphibian half reptile...funky.
Today, I heard: awesome live music. To which I sang/screamed along and lost my voice. :) I love the Counting Crows.
Today, I touched: scissors so many times my right hand is actually bruised. Wow.

Bye for now, lovelies. :) I have ONE day until I go back to school. WHAT.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha oh my gosh that guy sounds ridiculous... Maybe they just don't want there to be too much awesome all in one place. That sounds super fun though! Even if there was rapidly shaking rapper involved.