Friday, May 22, 2009

Sand Dunes and Book Binges

Hello bloggy world! Guess what?! Summer's here!


That photo is from my recent trip to Jockey's Ridge with Dennis. Jockey's Ridge is the largest sand dune on the east coast. We had an amazing time. We packed a picnic lunch and ate it in the backseat of my car, thanks to the wind whipping the sands around so much. Ah well. It was still a great time.

I've really been enjoying my summer so far. I'm trying to pick up my old job as much as I really don't want to work there anymore. Our area really doesn't have much to offer in the way of jobs right now, considering the state of the economy. So I figured the best decision was to start working my old job again where I have more or less a definite in, not to mention the best possible pay of any job I could have found.

Last night, Dennis and I made a trip to Barnes & Noble since we were in the area, and I started to regret my decision, wishing desperately that I could have gotten a job there. The likelihood that they were actually hiring, though, was slim to none, so I'm probably better off at my old job. Not to mention it would take my paycheck to drive to a job at Barnes & Noble anyway. Maybe next summer. :)

I'm going on a book binge. Don't worry, it's completely healthy. Just a lot of heavy reading to make the most of my summer. :) Here's my list so far:
+ The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath****
+ Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
+ Swan's Way by Marcel Proust
+ Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
+ Emma by Jane Austen
+ Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis
+ A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
+ A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
+ Several books by Jodi Picoult
+ Many more. :)

**** Strikethrough means I've finished reading

Wish me luck!

No comments: